Job Description: Marketing Intern
Location: 2753 Dogtown Road, Goochland, VA 23063 or Tele-Commute
Occasional special events at Manakin Market Farmers Market, and/or other venues in the Greater Richmond Area and Goochland County
This position contributes to the success of RVAg, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, by supporting the growth of our Mission. We are looking for an enthusiastic marketing intern to join our team and provide creative ideas to help achieve our goals. You will have creative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Executive Director and other team members in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels.
- Supports execution of promotions for multiple weekly farmers markets and other special events within our local community.
- Creates unique opportunities for customers to interact with the RVAg Brand.
- Collect and distribute communications for social media efforts.
- Assist in the development of creative materials – signage, e-mail campaigns, online communications.
- Assist the execution of event marketing activity.
- Seek and analyze competitive marketing and retail efforts.
- Track customer contact information for social media outreach.
- Maintain tracking report for marketing activity.
- Refine SEO functionality on website.
- Update website using WordPress.
- Undergraduate student majoring in Marketing, Advertising or Public Relations.
- Passion for people, healthy food and a healthy lifestyle.
- Self-motivated, hardworking and results-oriented.
- Ability to function independently.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality.
- Pays attention to details.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Solutions oriented.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to manage correctly confidential and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ad Manager)
- Ability to perform the following tasks at various times up to 90% of time: Bending and twisting, carrying, climbing, computer usage including equipment necessary for product preparation, special equipment, crawling, handling, kneeling, lifting, pushing and pulling, reaching, sitting, standing, walking and stooping.
To apply, contact: Lisa Dearden, RVAg Executive Director. email@example.com
Pay: Hourly rate $12-$15 per hour, commensurate with experience.
Hours: +/- Two to three hours per week as needed.